Thursday, July 3, 2008

Crimson disk of expiration...

Or red ring of death, as it is more commonly known as.

I'm sure some of you already know what I'm referring to. For the uninitiated, let's just say my 360 is on vacation. Against my will. I think that's a lot of nerve for a system that is barely 5 months old. Some of these youngsters can be so temperamental sometimes.

I was really starting to get in the groove, too. My vacation last week allowed me to catch up somewhat on my extensive backlog of games, (which currently includes Orange Box, Bioshock, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, Call of Duty 4, Grand Theft Auto 4, Ninja Gaiden 2, Boom Blox, Smash Bros., etc.) though the xbox conked out right in the middle of the week, forcing me to switch over to Wii software and movies (I was able to catch quite a bit in like 4 days though: Fools Gold, Be Kind Rewind, In Bruges, Persepolis, 10000 BC, Definitely Maybe, Charlie Bartlett, Glengarry Glen Ross).

Still, I don't understand how MS could cock up a vital hardware component in such the way it has, and not even fully addressing the problem. I thought for sure that the overheating issues were a result of guys playing the systems way too often or in poorly ventilated locations. Well I hardly ever play and my room could be mistaken for a computer lab what with the incessancy of its air conditioning. Dang it; I've been hoodwinked!

No comments: